Monday, April 21, 2008

10. Trauben Nuss (Raisin and Nuts)


The topic of raisins in chocolate has polarized opinions for years, almost to the extent of other CONTROVERSIAL subjects such as moustaches, cigarrettes, and George W. Bush. You either love it or you hate it. Luckily for me, I think that this particular dry fruit makes a tasteful complement to milk chocolate. Yay for more opportunities of being a GREEDY PIG!

Today's flavour: the Trauben Nuss (Raisin + Nuts).




Sweetness: 3.5 out of 5

It was a TINY bit too sweet, but sometimes you're just in the mood for an extra bit of sugar to flick you in the face, especially after a terribly lulling lunch of Burger King at the Reeperbahn. *cholesterol-ingested snoooooze*


Texture: 4 out of 5

No puny, shriveled little things here - BIG CHEWY RAISINS rule! The pulpous dried fruit balances out the crunchiness of the chopped up hazelnuts incredibly well, making for a nice snack to chomp on. nyom nyom nyom...

What will be next to hit those eager molars: the grapey softness of the raisins, or a hefty munch of hazelnut? *excitement!*


Devourability: 4 out of 5

I ate it all. Pretty quickly, but not like a deranged animal or anything like that.


Frequency: 3.5 out of 5

It was gratifying, but I'd have to be in some special mood for the sweet nutty and grapey combo in the chocolate. Perhaps when I am feeling in a drowsy slumberous mode.


Overall: 15 out of 20

Raisins and Nuts are two opposite elements (soft vs. crunchy, sweet vs. salty, SASSY vs. AWESOME) that in my very personal opinion, work very well together alone or in chocolate. Just like a mismatched couple that has been together for 30+ years who bicker once in a while, but at the end of the day, learn to live on each other's differences.


A MUCH better couple than that annoying Mr. Peanut Butter and Mrs. Jelly who just can't seem to get along, even when a thick crusty piece of bread mashes them together in a romantic pulpy mess. BLEGH!

I would have never considered buying the Trauben Nuss Ritter Sport before this because it would have never crossed my mind, but I can see myself buying a bar again.

3 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I ran across your blog while blog surfing...my friends and I try to go to Europe at least every other year. One friend in particular makes it her quest to try out every kind of chocolate she can while she is there and bring home as much as she can...even in Italy with all those wonderful flavors of gelato, she still eats just chocolate! I'll have to send her to your blog!

Anonymous said...

again, i think i am slated because it's not a CREAMY filling... have i mentioned before how much i like YUMMY GOOS oozing from my chocolates?

to be honest, i'd rather eat all of these seperately... healthy raisins and nuts, and THEN chocolate. all together is JUZ TU MUCH TO HANDLE!111one

Shelley said...

Thank you, Tammie! The more the merrier! :)