Tuesday, April 22, 2008

11. Mousse au Chocolat (Chocolate Mousse)


We decided to break the routine during lunch today, and the whole bunch of us at work decided to go to the university cafeteria and snag ourselves some nice cheap food. After my 2 euro meal (no complaints here), I was ready to finish with a healthy banana for desert, but everyone started bombarding me with their leftover Chocolate Mousse. I really must have a face of desperation and constant hunger.


We then decided that it was a great day to have the Mousse Au Chocolat Ritter Sport! We could compare it almost directly to the real thing... what a fun chocolate explosion!


Sweetness: 4.5 out of 5

The outer shell is made of the ever-reliable dark chocolate, which enhances the rich, dark and slightly bitter center to perfection. Bitterness is almost always associated with harshness and distastefulness, but sometimes it can be oh-so-beautiful.

Case in point - the Mousse au Chocolat Ritter Sport.


Texture: 4 out of 5

What a lovely texture! As you take a ponderous bite of the dark chocolate coating, you reach the...

wait for it...

WAAIT for it...

WAAAAIT for it...

...a SOFTER and slightly CREAMIER version of what seems to be the SAME DARK CHOCOLATE! Much more velvety than the Juicy velour sweat pants I never wanted to have, the poetic merger of the two dark chocolates just plays GAMES with your tongue. Lusciously tasteful games.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The only reason why I subtracted points in this category is because I had anticipated it to be much SMOOTHER and OOZIER, like a real chocolate mousse. More "MOUSSE-Y", to be exact. So I felt cheated by this little delicacy.

What a little enticer, you.


Devourability: 4 out of 5

Ate it all, enjoyed the complex sweet-bitterness of every bit of it.


Frequency: 4 out of 5

I believe I have found another Ritter Sport to add to my ELITE repertoire of guilty pleasures (along with laughing at people who slip and fall, the acclaimed TV show Flava of Love, gossip blogs, and jumping in public places with half-nude over sized plastic dolls - yes, I am very mature).

It is one of the heavier Ritter Sports, both in satisfaction of hunger, density and taste, which is why it is not the every day candy bar, but I'm sure my fertile imagination will help me figure out excuses to chow down on this good, good stuff on a regular basis.


Overall: 16.5 out of 20



An adult version of the Nugat Ritter Sport that I love so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOUSSE-Y!!!!

GAA!

and the pic your drew is a DEAD ringer of my MA as she would SLATER her face every evening in her usual SATANIC ritual..

*nostaligic sigh*

you were right, it definitely brought me back!

Unknown said...

I liked this picture. This one sounds like it would be one of my favorites.mmmm
By the way, this has nothing to do with this posting but I'm telling you now before I forget to. I haven't watched American Idol (ha i know lame already......) but then my friend emailed me a youtube link....check it out and just search 'david cook singing mariah carey' and for some weird reason i'm totally in love with his rendition...no matter what anyone says. Hiz crooning makez mee vant to joyn anonymous's mah en dah zenzual moussey slatherin' ov de choclatez.