Wednesday, April 23, 2008

12. Weisse Voll-Nuss (White Chocolate with Whole Nuts)


Aah, the Weisse Voll-Nuss Rittersport. A lot of people I know have a snobbish attitude towards white chocolate, because it isn't "the real thing". Me, I'm not that picky. Even though it isn't my favourite variation of chocolate, I tolerate it, and once in a blue moon when I'm feeling WILDLY SPONTANEOUS, I will actually make a purchase.

And this might be a blasphemy to some chocolate lovers, but WHITE CHOCOLATE also contains cocoa butter which is why it ALSO qualifies as chocolate! mmkay?


Thank you.


Sweetness: 4 out of 5

One of the sweeter variety of the Ritter Sport chocolates - pleasantly milky and smooth.


Texture: 5 out of 5

GIANT WHOLE HAZELNUTS! CHUNKY FUN! And if THAT wasn't enough, it even has a generous sprinkling of surprise CRISPIES in it! What an adventure of CHUNKINESS! I really couldn't get over this CHUNKY CHUNK OF YUMMY CHUNK CHUNK!


Devourability: 5 out of 5



My teeth were having a BALL with this chocolate bar, they were exercising rapidly and having a GREAT TIME. I couldn't get enough of the CRUNCH CRUCH CRUNCH and the occasional cheeky CRISP that would sneak in there once in a while. The rate I went through this chocolate bar was quite impressive.


Frequency: 2 out of 5

Ok, even though I loved the nutty crispy ORGY in my mouth, let's face it. It is still white chocolate, and given the chance of choosing between white, milk or dark, I will probably dump the white chocolate to the end of the line, unless I was in an exceptional mood that day. I know that I started off this post defending white chocolate and how overlooked they are, but I guess sometimes I can join that snarky club.


Overall: 16 out of 20

Due to my luke-warm liking towards white chocolate, I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I ingested this chocolate bar and the extent of how much I enjoyed it. Kids, today we learn a valuable message: never discriminate and always look at things at a more than superficial level.

And white chocolate has feelings too. They deserve a chance. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

baby i'm as close to WHITE CHOCOLATE as you ever need to get!

Anonymous said...

I like this bar a lot. I think it's the corn flakes that get me, it's like Saturday morning with Cap'n Crunch in a bar.

Anonymous said...

You inspired me. I finally caved in and bought my first Ritter Sport bar last night, the milk with hazelnuts (it's gone now). I was expecting the milk chocolate to be sickening sweet, but to my delight, it was nicely balanced, and the whole hazelnuts were exceptional, too. A good bar, overall, and I'm sure you'll like it too, especially if excessive sweetness is an issue with you.

I've been passing up these bars for so many years, but I think I'll try each one...but casually, not nearly as fanatically as you!