Wednesday, April 9, 2008

2. Erdbeer Joghurt (Strawberry Yogurt)


As a child, my parents never really treated me as a frilly girly-girl, and pink was never a big part of my life. I don't think I ever owned that requisite frilly pink princess dress that every little girl seems to have owned. I think this is the main reason why I was secretly happy when I realized that the Erdbeer Joghurt (Strawberry Yogurt) was the flavour of the day - I love that beautiful pink packaging.



Sweetness: 2.5 out of 5

Too sweet for my taste - I had to drink a LOT of water as I ate my eight squares.


Texture: 4 out of 5



I found the texture quite enjoyable. The little crispy red bits (which felt like the seeds in a strawberry) in the yogurt centre took it all to another level, as they gave a nice sour kick to the candy. Without them, the whole combo would have been too sweet and artificial.


Devourability: 2 out of 5

Because of how sweet it was, I went through my portion quite slowly, with a few breaks in between. I found myself going back and forth to the water cooler to rinse my palate. I even had to put it in the fridge for a bit, because it had melted partially in the sun (yes, my office can get quite hot) - and that means I was eating it REALLY slowly compared to my usual gluttonous self.


Frequency: 0.5 out of 5

Even though I enjoyed it, I am in no hurry to have another bar any time soon. I ate the candy bar a couple of hours ago, and I can still feel a strong tinge of fruity sugar at the back of my throat, haunting me like the GHOSTLY FEELING of never knowing that Santa Claus ever existed.

Yup, back to the water cooler I go for a few more glasses of water.


Overall: 9 out of 20

The Erdbeer Joghurt was definitely more interesting than yesterday's flavour, but the excessive sweetness caused it to lose quite a lot of points in my book. It would be ideal for me if they sold these in individual squares, each one wrapped up in that gorgeous pink wrapping... It would be the perfect little parcel of concentrated sweet goodness.

So, Ritter Sport... I'll have my assistant call you, and you can go ahead and take care of that... mmmmmkay? Thaaaaaaaaanks.


Dan's Erdbeer Joghurt review here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally someone has realizd how much we, the tangy bits, add to the erdbeer joghurt bars. I'm not sure if the outfit portrays our beauty well enough, but we sure like the head pieces. why don't you try drawing red latex next time? that would be fab.

Saugen Sie meine große Banane?

regards dear.

Unknown said...

vhy rnt ju vearing bloomers in der drawling, ja?

Shelley said...

Cuz I'm shy.

*blush*