Sunday, April 20, 2008

9. Nugat (Nougat)


I was feeling pretty cranky on Friday, and being the whiny lil' package of annoying self-pity that I am, I asked Dan if we could have the Nougat flavour that day. This has been one of my favourite flavours EVER. It just makes me happy, so I kind of needed it.

I think my love for nougatty-scrumptiousness started ever since I was a youngin', and I have always obsessed over any nut/chocolate/creme concoction I could stuff into my piehole - Ferrero Rochers, nutella, etc.


I know, I know... all the rules of picking a Ritter Sport randomly each day have gone down the drain. Hopefully we'll get back on track next week.

Or not.

Wow, how spontaneous are we?!


Sweetness: 5 out of 5

The milk chocolate combined with that delectable hazelnutty-nougat is absolute bliss.


Texture: 5 out of 5

I would have given it a higher grade if I could. In fact, I would give it all the smiley faces, golden stars, rainbow sparkles and bonus points in the world!

It's like some sort of MAGICAL biological reaction every time I bite into each square - the milk chocolate just melds gently with the nougat filling and it just melts in my mouth effortlessly - AMAZINGLY YUMMERS...


I would basically SLATHER the filling all over my FACE if it weren't FROWNED upon by society.


Devourability: 5 out of 5

The Nugat Ritter Sport is my weakness, it really is. The usual speed I eat the entire BAR is just ridiculous. Every time I rip open the wrapper, I get into a CRAZED automatic mode where I lose any flicker of self-control I may have, and suddenly, that glossy purplish-blue packaging is empty.

Whaaaaaa?


Frequency: 3 out of 5

This would be one of the cases where a bar of chocolate is SO GOOD, it's BAD. If it were up to me, I would eat 4 of these things a day, which is of course absolutely ridiculous. This is why every time I pass the Ritter Sport aisle I fight my urges, and convince myself to pick something else - something that doesn't send me into an UNHINGED MANIA.


Overall: 18 out of 20

One of my all-time favourites. Always puts me into a better mood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gaaa i want to try!! omg that reminds me.. there is a great lil candy store by my house.. they have candy from all over the world! i know for a fact that they have rittersport.. but not sure what flavors. probably just a few. every time i've been in there i've PA-SHAWED all the rittersports, claiming it wasn't organic, or at least, not that exotic. where's my BACON BAR????

Emmo Xu said...

i will try this..the one got the highest score by far..hahah

Anonymous said...

I grew up eating nougat, or what everyone outside of Germany calls "gianduja." My mom always had a brick of this striped stuff in the fridge and between that and the endless jar of Nutella, I was in heaven. Still the best flavor, imo, even better than *gasp* dark chocolate. Uh oh!

Whoosh said...

This is going on my shopping list right now! I haven't tried this flavor yet, now you've convinced me to. :)